A skilled therapist, with high clinical and ethical standards and a warm, down-to-earth approach. Fully accredited with the UK’s lead CBT organisation (BABCP).
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and Supervisor
Hello, I’m Charlotte. I’m an experienced and research-active cognitive behavioural therapist and supervisor. I have a masters in psychology; a mental health nursing background; and additional postgraduate therapy training in the psychodynamic approach.
I divide my working time between private practice; working in the NHS; and completing a doctorate.
As a landlocked 19-year-old in the midlands, I was volunteering on the Childline helpline, working in a dementia unit, and also working in an alternative 80’s nightclub. So you could say that I’ve been supporting people in various states of distress or confusion across the life-span for a pretty long time (and not just relating to their musical tastes).…Continue reading
Training & qualifications
Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Postgraduate certificate (University of South Australia, 2010)
- Postgraduate diploma (University of Exeter, 2011)
Professional & theoretical foundations
- Mental Health Nursing (University of the West of England, 2006)
- Psychology MSc (University of Bristol, 2020)
Additional postgraduate therapy training
- Psychotherapeutic studies (psychodynamic modality) postgraduate certificate (University of the West of England, 2022 [exit award equivalent])
Accreditation, Registration & Memberships
British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Fully accredited therapist and clinical supervisor
Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Registered Nurse Mental Health
British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the British Psychological Society
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which takes context into account and is tailored to your needs.
Cognitive behavioural therapy supervision for anxiety and mood based problems; and specialist supervision of CBT for eating disorders.